• CREATIVE SPACE is an upstairs room in a pub which bands and other performance artists can use for individual gigs on Tuesday nights.
• The pub is The Slug and Lettuce, Wilmslow Rd, Didsbury, Manchester . The room is given free of charge by the pub management. There is seating for 40 people, and possibly more seats could be added if necessary.
• Charging for the gig is the responsibility of the band. This might involve selling tickets in advance,taking entry money, running a raffle, or making the gig free of charge.
• Bands are also responsible for all PA equipment, additional lighting, setting up the room and returning it to its previous state. It is recommended that new bands come down in advance to assess whether the room would be suitable.
• It is in the interests of all, that punters should feel confident that if they turn up, there will be music on at the The Slug and Lettuce every Tuesday night. If for any reason your band cannot perform as arranged, you should find a replacement band. You should then notify CREATIVE SPACE of this change.
• Creative Space is run by volunteers; your help and cooperation is, therefore, essential for the service to continue. Priority for future gigs will be given to bands and performers who have proved reliable.
The CREATIVE SPACE will list a six week programme on their web-site blog. The programme will also be sent to local papers. Further publicity,( individual fliers, posters etc. ) is the responsibility of the band. Until the venue gets better known, it is essential that bands/performers create their own publicity and audience.